Saturday, June 3, 2017

Random Harvest

Random Harvest (1942)  made me fall in love with Greer Garson AND Ronald Coleman's voice.
Ronald Coleman  is an amnesiac WWI soldier who is in an asyluml but wanders off when victory is declared and there is celebrations in the street.  He wanders into a pub and there sees Paula (Garson) dancing and singing.

Paula takes care of him and they run off to keep him safe and eventually marry.  As Smitty improves he leaves to find a job and never returns to Paula.


We then are taken through years of seeing what each of these two leading characters have done with their lives.  And yes, there were tears as we see John engaged to someone else.  

Perhaps it's the tragic events of WWI that caught my attention or because I am a romantic at heart, I so wanted them to be together.  There's a small element of light/dark in this movie and you sure get a sense of what's coming if you pay attention to this lighting as well as the story line.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to see this one! You gave me that copy but it wouldn't play in my car dvd player!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've turned a lot of my DVDs into digital copies, I could get you one and you could watch it on your computer or send it to your TV

      Delete

Follow Me, Boys

This is a movie whose song I can still sing.  I used to know all the words, not I think I just remember the ones that are important to me in...